Tips To Fighting The Holiday Bulge
Tips to Fighting the Holiday Bulge
1. Start Strong: eat a healthy breakfast. If you don’t, you will tend to overeat the rest of the day.
2. Curb your appetite. Drink a glass of water before every meal. It will help you fill up faster & help you eat less.
3. Slow down. Eat slower & taste your food. Give your mind time to send the message that you are satisfied.
4. Stay active...Exercise. Move more & eat less. Sorry you know it works! Eating & exercise go hand in hand. Designed programming is the key to making the best of your time. We offer several programs both group and individual training created just for you. Your customized roadmap!
5. Keep your food diary. Tracking your diet will help to point out your weaknesses. You will then be able to focus on limiting you’re intake of certain foods and spot when you missed a meal & etc. What you measure you can manage.
6. Pick Healthier foods at least 80% of the time. Eat more vegetables & fruit and other healthy choices such as lean protein sources and seeds & nuts.
7. Don’t go anywhere hungry. Try to arrive at holiday parties having already eaten something healthy. That way you won’t be too prone to digging into high-calorie party foods.
8. Portion Control. Pay attention to how much you put on your plate. Use smaller plates. Moderation is one of the most important elements in weight control.
9. Water over Alcohol. Drinking water in place of alcohol will keep you hydrated and keep your energy level high. It will also help to avoid taking on unnecessary calories.
10. Don’t eat things if you don’t like them. If you put it on your plate and it doesn’t taste as good as you thought, don’t eat it. Why take the extra calories on something, which doesn’t even satisfy you?
11. Bring something you like. When attending a party or gathering, bring a healthier dish and one you like and eat it! This is a good way to eat less tempting foods.
12. Don’t give up! Falling out of habits you are trying to accomplish for a few days, DOES NOT mean your effort is hopeless. Simply acknowledge that you overate or ate poorly and get back on your plan. New day, New meal, New attitude!
13. Decide how many drinks you are going to have before the party, choose light, and alternate between an alcohol beverage (if you have to drink) and water (same goes for soda). This cuts 100’s of calories!
14. More Vegetables. Make half of your plate filled with vegetables.
15. Wrap up Leftovers immediately. If you wrap them up, you’re less likely to eat them mindlessly when you are already full.
16. Say no to Leftovers (Unless they are healthy foods).
17. Use the dirty napkin trick. When you want to stop eating throw a dirty napkin over your food.
18. Throw the snack plate away. When at a party, if the plate is plastic toss it. If it is a dish put it in the sink. The longer you hold on to your plate, the more you will eat.
19. Ask yourself is this good? And if not, don’t eat it!
20. Trim all the fat. If you are cooking it, trim off the fat before you cook it. If you didn’t cook it, just trim it off before eating.
21. Split a Treat. Take in half the calories or have a little piece.
22. Question yourself. Frequently ask yourself if you’re full and listen. Work toward being aware of when you are 80% off and stop eating. Saves you 100’s of extra calories!
23. Read Goals Daily. Stick to your goals. Look at them first thing in the morning, throughout the day and before bed.
24. Tricks. Brush your teeth or grab gum to stop you from eating more.
25. Leave the room. Don’t hang out by the food table at home or at parties. Too much mindless eating!
26. Don’t let the food own you, YOU OWN YOU!